Bilingual Job Postings
Submit job postings through our online submission form. Jobs are updated bi-weekly.
GED, ESOL and Computer Lab instructors, (Part-time), PVCC; Thomas Jefferson Adult & Career Education (TJACE) at PVCC currently has several adult education instructor positions open. For job descriptions and information visit PVCC's job postings by clicking here.
- Family Support Worker/Parent Educator, (Full-Time), Jefferson Area CHIP;—Exciting, full-time opportunity with a professional team in our Downtown office working with families in underserved neighborhoods. Jefferson Area CHIP, a home visiting program, seeks Family Support Worker/Parent Educator to work closely with a nurse to encourage optimal health and well-being for pregnant women, children 0-6 and their families. Associate Degree with experience in child development, social work or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree and knowledge of community resources preferred. Must have a reliable vehicle (mileage reimbursed). CHIP is an EOE and is strongly committed to having a culturally diverse staff. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 15, 2017.
- Community Services Associate I / Mohr Center, (PRN, $1149/hr); Residential treatment program and sobering up shelter for adult males seeks to fill a PRN position working rotating shifts, including weekends. Incumbent will oversee residents’ medications, complete shelter admissions, monitor vital signs, triage for appropriate medical treatment, monitor consumer withdrawal symptoms and maintain good order in the house. Position requires staff remain awake, alert, and available during all duty hours, be diligent in completing records and arrange for emergency staff coverage. Valid Virginia driver’s license and acceptable driving record required. $11.49 hourly. To know more or to apply for the job, click here.
Direct Support Professional I / Residential, Region Ten; Energetic person to work in group home setting with adults with intellectual disabilities. Teach daily living skills, community, and recreational activities, create positive social interactions and transport the individual to and from activities. Valid Virginia driver’s license with good driving record required, DMV record required at interview. Salary negotiable. To know more or to apply click here.
Certified Nursing Assistant, ( $26, 809.11/yr) Meadowcreek, Region Ten; This position serves to provide CNA services in the Meadowcreek Day Support Program. The incumbent will maintain safe conditions for participants and provide specific training, supervision, and assistance to individuals with mild, moderate, severe or profound intellectual disabilities, to include lifting, behavior intervention, and assisting directly in the implementation of the consumer’s individual program plans. CNA certification and valid VA driver’s license and good DMV driving record required. To know more or to apply click here.
Community Services Associate I, Mohr Center, (PRN - $23,894.11/yr), Region Ten; Residential treatment program and sobering up shelter for adult males seeks to fill a full-time position with variable hours Monday – Friday 3:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., with some weekends and holidays. The incumbent will oversee residents’ medications, complete shelter admissions, monitor vital signs, triage for appropriate medical treatment, monitor consumer withdrawal symptoms and maintain good order in the house. Position requires staff remain awake, alert, and available during all duty hours, be diligent in completing records and arrange for emergency staff coverage. Valid Virginia driver’s license and acceptable driving record required. To know more or to apply click here.
- Support Staff I, (Full-time, w/benefits, $24, 859.43/yr), Payee Office, Region Ten; Seeking a support staff person to assist with a busy office that serves 200+ consumers by providing data entry of budgets and check requests, staff assistance with payee questions/concerns and office support. Job duties include general reception tasks, assisting staff with consumer budget questions, data entry, account reviews and periodically serve as relief person for front desk staff. Knowledge of bookkeeping terms and methods; standard office practices; basic math skills; and keyboard entry skills required. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude and communicate with difficult people under pressure expected. Great benefits! Being able to work directly with the public and maintain strict confidentiality is required. This position’s work shift to include 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. To know more or to apply click here.
Head Start Substitute Teacher, (Part-time, no benefits, $10.67/hr), MACAA; Do you love working with children? Want to make a difference in the lives of children in our local community?Head Start is a comprehensive preschool and pre-kindergarten program created in 1965. It is geared toward children and families that will benefit from a “head start” and prepare them for school. MACAA Head Start houses programs in Nelson, Louisa, Fluvanna, Albemarle, and Charlottesville. We are currently accepting applications for our classrooms in Albemarle and Charlottesville for the 2017-2018 school year. Interviews will be held in June, with a start date in early August. Our Head Start program follows the school calendar and provides paid leave for school holidays, and snow days, in addition to personal and sick leave. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. All teaching staff will be provided with professional development throughout the year. All of our classrooms have 2 teaching staff and up to 20 children. Please send a cover letter and resume to MACAA, Attention: Jo Nell Chance, Human Resources Director, 1025 Park Street, Charlottesville, VA 22901 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To know more about the requirements and responsibilities click here.
Chief Operating Officer, (Full-Time), Fralin Museum of Art at the University of Virginia; The position of Chief Operating Officer oversees the financial, human resources, security, administrative and operational needs for The Fralin Museum of Art. The COO follows the procedures, policies, and guidelines of the University of Virginia, State of Virginia, and the Federal Government. S/he oversees that the University/State budgeting process, as well as the local Museum budgeting process, is completed in an accurate and timely manner. This includes working closely with the Office of the Provost and Vice-Provost for the Arts and all departments at the Museum as well as the Director and Chief Curator. The COO serves as a member of the senior management team and advises the team on the financial matters of each department and the Museum as a whole. This position is considered an Administrative Generalist. Administrative Generalists are responsible for a variety of professional level work across a composite of administrative service areas including budget, finance, procurement, human resources, academic administration, student services, communications, grants and research administration, space and facilities and/or high-level operational support. S/he supports the Executive Director in efforts to ensure long-term financial stability, expand creative capacity, and enhance overall institutional reputation. Anticipated Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience. Bachelor's degree and at least three years of relevant experience are required. Required Applicant Documents: • CV / Resume • Cover Letter • Contact Information for 3 References - name, email, phone. Posting Number: 0621249. To apply for this position please go here.
Program Specialist, (Part-Time, 25 hrs/Wk), BBBSOCBR; Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Blue Ridge is seeking an experienced Program Specialist. BBBSOCBR has a mission to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBSOCBR believes that a positive association with an adult volunteer mentor is most influential in helping a child become a happy, responsible adult. The staff stands ready at all times to assist in strengthening the friendship between the Big and the Little so the child is successful in school and in life. We are searching for individuals with: • Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years of experience in human/social services or related field • A proven track record in supporting children and families in a case management role • Experience in interviewing and assessment of children and adults • Experience in checking references and conducting background checks • Experience in making presentations and providing training • Demonstrated professional customer service, relationship development, and problem solving skills • Ability to relate to parents, volunteers, staff and children from various backgrounds • Knowledge of child development and family dynamics • Knowledge of social service resources available in the region • Demonstrated knowledge of schools and education system • Ability to present information concisely and efficiently • Excellent oral and written communications skills • Ability to work occasional nights and weekends • Valid US driver's license, legally insured vehicle and ability and willingness to travel • Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint • Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required. If interested send your resume and cover letter by August 18, 2017, to email@example.com.
General Job Postings
Submit job postings through our online submission form. Jobs are updated weekly.
- Cleaning Houses; Looking to clean houses. I am a hardworking person, who is detailed oriented, honest, respectful, trustworthy, meticulous and experienced. I enjoy cleaning houses. I work by myself and I have a flexible schedule. If you would like to have more information, please get in touch with Reyna at (434) 409-7331.
- Snack/Drink Vending Operator, Part-time; Operator needed to take care of around 80 vending machines daily in different locations (C-Ville, Staunton, Ruckersville). Truck to mobilize to all locations is provided. The job is part-time and pays $300 weekly plus commission. If interested or for more info about this job get in touch with Manuel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cleaning Crew, Nooks & Crannies; Interested in working for Nooks & Crannies? That's great! We are always looking for fun, energetic and outgoing folks to add to our team! Applicants must be able to stand and move around for 6+ hours a day, be detail oriented, be able to work as part of a team and most of all, have a squeaky clean record and smiling face! Please note, due to the higher salaries and benefits we offer our employees, we are VERY picky! No professional cleaning experience is necessary....just a cheerful, hard-working attitude!
If you think you're up for the fast-paced challenge, please fill out our application. You may also apply in person, at our office: 302 Hickman Rd, Ste 101, Charlottesville, Va, 22911.