Spanish Long Term Substitute Teacher
January-February, 2020 (Daily Rate: $222.76)
Are You Ready To Unleash Each Student's Potential?
In Albemarle County Public Schools, our mission every day is to establish a community oflearners and learning, through relationships, relevance and rigor, one student at a time. Wework to ensure that all learners believe in their power to embrace learning, to excel, and toown their future. Albemarle County Public Schools is committed to providing all students the opportunity tolearn from talented, diverse teachers who represent the varied cultures and experiences ofour community. We seek to hire educators who demonstrate the ability to work withculturally diverse students, and who see themselves as lifelong learners – always willing tolearn new things to best meet the ever-changing needs of our students.Is that you?
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following actions:
• Meets and instructs the students(s) in the locations and at the time designated;
• Develops and maintains the physical environment of the classroom that is conduciveto effective learning within the limits of resources provided by the system;
• Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor;
• Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior;
Provides an effective program of instruction to include:
• Instructional skills;
• Knowledge of child growth and development;
• Knowledge and use of materials and resources in accordance with the adoptedcurriculum and consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided;
• Demonstrates mastery of content area;
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment,materials, and facilities;
• Maintains and upholds school and county policies and procedures;
• Maintains records as required by law, system policy, and administrative regulations;
• Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations.
• Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-relatedpurposes within contractual commitments;
• Attends and participates in faculty and department meetings;
• Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives,and methods;
• Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials;
• Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents,and colleagues concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all students;• Establishes and maintains cooperative professional relations with others;
• Performs related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with theschool/system policies and practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Candidates must hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching certificate withendorsement in Spanish K-12.
Albemarle County! A great place to live and work! Apply today! www.albemarle.org/jobs